For the ninth consecutive year, Assurant has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 performing property-casualty insurance companies in the U.S. Assurant was named to the Ward’s 50 list for achieving “superior performance” based on a financial analysis of the Company from 2010 to 2014.
A leader of benchmarking and best practices services for the insurance industry, the Ward Group identified Assurant as a top performer after analyzing nearly 3,000 property-casualty companies domiciled in the U.S.
“This award recognizes Assurant’s track record of profitable growth, disciplined capital management and financial strength, which ensures we will be there when our customers need us the most. It is also a testament to the hard work and dedication of all of our employees,” said Assurant President and CEO Alan Colberg. “We are honored to once again be named a top property-casualty insurer by the Ward Group.”
Property-casualty insurance companies were ranked competitively based on objective data and subjective quality measures across the categories of safety, consistency and financial performance. The selection criteria for property-casualty companies are as follows:
- Safety and Consistency
- Surplus and premiums of at least $50 million for each of the five years analyzed
- Net income in at least four of the last five years
- Compound annual growth in premiums between -10 percent and +40 percent
- Performance Measurements
- Five Year Average Return on Average Equity
- Five Year Average Return on Average Assets
- Five Year Average Return on Total Revenue
- Five Year Growth in Revenue
- Five Year Improvement in Surplus to Written Premium
- Five Year Average Combined Ratio
This marks the 25th consecutive year Ward Group has identified the top 50 performing insurance companies.