Named to Ward’s 50 List for Eighth Consecutive Year
The Ward Group once again has named Assurant among its 2014 Top 50 Performing Insurance Companies in the property-casualty industry for the eighth consecutive year.
The leading provider of benchmarking and best practices studies for insurance companies, the Ward Group recognized Assurant for its superior financial performance during a five-year period.
According to the Ward Group, the 50 property-casualty insurance companies identified “achieve greater levels of income returns” and outperform other property-insurance companies in other key performance benchmarks.
How did Assurant make the cut?
To earn a spot on the list, Assurant was ranked competitively in three specific categories: safety, consistency and financial performance. Rating criteria for property-casualty companies are as follows:
- Safety and Consistency
- Surplus and premiums of at least $50 million for each of the five years analyzed
- Net income in at least four of the last five years
- Compound annual growth in premiums between -10 percent and +40 percent
- Performance Measurements
- Five Year Average Return on Average Equity
- Five Year Average Return on Average Assets
- Five Year Average Return on Total Revenue
- Five Year Growth in Revenue
- Five Year Improvement in Surplus to Written Premium
- Five Year Average Combined Ratio
A previous version of this story incorrectly stated that Assurant had been recognized by the Ward Group for the past six years when it should have stated for the past eight years.